Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Is there any problem or limitations for a U.S. having felony…

Customer Question
Is there any problem or...
Is there any problem or limitations for a U.S. having felony conviction trying to fixed legel status for his wife and kids.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/22/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Probably not. What kind of felonies?

possesion of control substance
That shouldn't be a problem. While USCIS has some reservations on persons with crimes of a sexual nature bringing brides to the US, this is not the situation here. Furthermore, generally speaking, USCIS is more concerned with the alien's criminal record than the petitioner's. I think you'll be just fine.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”