Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

a citizen has a petition for his sister to immigrate since…

Customer Question
A citizen has a petition...
A citizen has a petition for his sister to immigrate since 2001 and she has two kids at that time the girl was 8 and the boy 5 both were included in the I-130 form. The visa center informed that she has to chose an agent here in the USA,but she died 2007 . Is it possible for the kids to continue the process even though the mom died?The citizen is her brother? Both kids live in El Salvador, They are 18 and 15 years old. What would be the steps to follow this process? Thank you so much
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/23/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Unfortunately the oetutuib becines viud wutg the death of the beneficiary and the children do net beneit from it/

There is only on limited circumstance and that is when the beneficiary dies after the immigrant visa is issued and the children are allowed then to follow the deceased beneficiary.

I wish I had better news for you but there is no way under the law for the children to benefit from the petition.

Judith

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims,

promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

If I answered your question and you agree with the above, please click ACCEPT & leave positive feedback.