Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

i married a woman from Aussie several years ago and whom I…

Customer Question
i married a woman from...
i married a woman from Aussie several years ago and whom I thought was genuine in her desire to marry and have a family. I now have uncovered evidence that she not only came her fraudulently but married me under false circumstances. She had a relationship with another man in the US all while being w me and also carried on two other affairs during our marriage.

She has lied and misrepresented herself to me and the US government in her attempts to only come here and have a baby fathered by a US Citizen and gain a green card.

At this time I am her immigration sponsor, she has her green card but I have divorced her. My issue in being a sponsor to someone who has attempted to lie and defraud everyone around her as well as the US govt.

Any suggestions on a path to follow?
Marc
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/21/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello Marc,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Has she filed the PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE yet? How long have you been married and how long has she been i the US?

I believe she is in the middle of the PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE but does not have the money to pay for it.

We were married for 20 months and divorced on Aug 10 of 2009

She arrived in the US Nov of 2007
Good, so she hasn't been released from conditional residence yet. What you have to do is to set an InfoPass appointment with a local USCIS officer here...http://infopass.uscis.gov/...tell them about it. USCIS will start their own inquiry and can cancel her GC and deport her.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

still questioning if infidelity can be a cause for deportation?
Does infidelity and constant contact w previously existing relationships give credence to
to seriously considering her for deportation?
No if it's just infidelity. Yes, if USCIS is convinced that she used you just to get the GC. Contact with preexisting relationships and current behavior give much credence to the latter and will not help her.

I have phone records and texts of a pattern of contact to including the statement, "I know someday we will be able to be together" and all of this prior to our marriage.
The phone logs and texts all show a long history of contact and intent.

Should this help?
Yes - bring a copy to the USCIS officer - this might even be the smoking gun, so to speak.