Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

IM A FELONY OF A DRUG CRIME, SOME YEARS AGO I WORKING TWO…

Customer Question
I'M A FELONY OF A...
I'M A FELONY OF A DRUG CRIME, SOME YEARS AGO I WORKING TWO JOBS A WIFE AND CHILD.AT THAT TIME THING WERE GETING SLOW I GOT LAID OFF MY JOB.SO I WOULD GO TO THE SUPERMARKET AND GIVE PEOPLE A LIFT HOME WITH THEIR PACKAGE JUST TO MAKE SOME SPAIR CHANGE MILK FOR THE BABY TO KEEP MYSELF BISSCY ONE DAY I WANT TO THE BARBARA SHOP FOR A HAIRCUT A GUY ASK ME TO GIVE HIM A RIDE HOME AND HE WILL GIVE ME $20.00 I DID'NT THANK ANY THING OF IT SO I DID NOT KNOW THAT THE LAW WAS WASHING THIS GUY FOR A LONG TIME HE WAS A DRUG DEALER AND BE CAUSE I GAVE HIM RIDE I GOT TEN YEARS AND ONE MONTH IN PIRSON WHEN MY TIME IS UP I'M TO BE DEPORTATED BACK TO MY HOME AWAY FROM MY WIFE AND CHILD.I THINK I HAVE THE WIRGHT TO RETURN HOME TO MY FAMILY.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/21/2010
Immigration Lawyer: MShore, Attorney replied 8 years ago
MShore
MShore, Attorney
Thank you for the post, when you say "deported" do you mean outside of the U.S.?

yes back to my home of columbia south amercan

Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney
What exactly were you convicted for and what other evidence did they have against you other than just seeing you give this person a ride home once? What was the extent of your relationship with this person?

THERE ARE NO RELATIONSHIP BEWEEN ME AND THE OTHER PERSON NONE

WHEN I WALK OUT OF THE BARBARA SHOP A GUY ASK TO GIVE HIM A RIDE HOME AND HE OFFER ME $20.00.

NOT KNOWEN HE WAS A DRUG DEALER AND THE LAW WAS WATCHING HIM FOR MONTHS I WAS IN THE MIDDTLE OF THE HOLD THING.I WENT TO JAIL FOR GIVING SOME ONE A RIDE I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE. THE JUDGE STATED THAT I SHOULD'NT DO ANY TIME BUT HER HAND WERE TIED AND THEIR WERE NOTHING SHE CAN DO, SO I WAS GIVING TEN YEARS.AND TO BE DEPORTED AFTER MY TIME IS UP.LEAVEN MY WIFE AND CHILD BEHIND.

What exactly were the charges that you were convicted of?

Why didn't you hire an attorney or have a public defender? I just find it so hard to believe that you were given 10 years just for being seen once with a person and giving them a ride. There has to be something more to this story that you are not telling me. I am not saying you are lying, I am just saying that I need more details. A public defender could lose their license to practice law if they do not fight to get you off if that was the only evidence that they had against you.