Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

my exwife was deported for to nicaaragua permently a contry…

Customer Question
my exwife was deported for...
my exwife was deported for to nicaaragua permently a contry mexccicoshe has relatives and, children in noRther mexicoc can ,she get visa/and visa work for mexico convicted of aggravatedfelony,did2 yEARS inCCWF and is in el paso INS awaiting depotation.what does she have to look forward to and can she leave nicaraguTO REUNITE WITH HER FAMILY AND WORK.SHE PLEA BARGRAN HER CASE OF EMBEZZLING $500,000.00AND NeVER GAVE ANY BACKpleae advise,she says all money is gone/spent
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/21/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Unfortunately, this is an aggravated felony and an aggravated felony is a permanent bar to any U.S. immigration benefit, so she only has three options:

1) Get a full and unconditional governor's or U.S. Presidential pardon.

2) Hire a VERY good criminal attorney to look into the possibility of reopening her criminal case because something was done incorrectly at the criminal level. If the case can be reopened, then the conviction needs to be vacated (set aside) and then she would need an agreement from the prosecutor not to prosecute her again (which they can do). You can try looking for an attorney at www.ailalawyer.com.

3) Convince the majority of the U.S. Congress to change the law or to make a law of special application only for her called a Private Bill.

These options essentially would eliminate the conviction so that Immigration cannot use it against her to deport her. Unfortunately, sealing or expunging the conviction does not work.

I am truly sorry, but she has a tough battle ahead of her and there is no forgiveness in U.S. Immigration law for an aggravated felony. So her fight must be in the criminal field, not the immigration field.

Is there anything else that I can do for you? If not, please do not forget to click accept so that I can get credit for my assistance to you. You are not charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge if you have a few follow-up questions. Thank you!
about her fredoms in nicaregua,will she have to stay a certain time there before apply forb visa out of nicaragua and can she get work permit in mexicowhehe her family is?we need to make life changing decisionbased on the law.PLEASE HELP

I can only tell you about U.S. immigration law and she only has the options above that I listed in regards XXXXX XXXXX immigration law. I cannot tell you what she woud need to get into Mexico.