Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Hello, My mother petition my sister in July 2000 and the…

Customer Question
Hello, My mother petition my sister...

My mother petition my sister in July 2000 and the petition was approved by USCIS on Jan. 2002 but my mother passed away in 2007. I requested that the petition be reinstated based on humanitarian grounds. Early June 2010, I received a letter from the USCIS stating that in evaluating requests for reinstatement of a petition, consideration is given to several factors found in the Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual (9 FAM 42.42 PN2).
I am not sure what I need to do or to submit for their request. I only have till July 1st to submit documents. Please help me interpret this letter.

Sincerely,
Agnes Olson
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/19/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Here is a link to that list of things:

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87849.pdf

And here is another link that may help you:

http://www.cpvisa.com/ARTICLES/Humanitarian_Reinstatement.pdf

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Thank you.

I dont think you really answer my question because I already have the information that you gave me. All I really want from you is to simplify or translate the statement for me so that it can be easily undserstood. How do I reply to their request? Do I need to submit a letter answer the questions or submit an affidavit of support. Please help me. Thanks.