Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have a similar case. My usband is threathening me, say8ing…

Customer Question
I have a similar case...
I have a similar case. My usband is threathening me, say8ing he will not sign the I751 and we have only 1 week to fill it beore 90 days expiratin. I have been in an abusive relationship. I even had to go to a battered women's shelter once and got back with him, because i love him, and his promises of change, but hnothing has changed. I am not divorced, because i have been triying so hard to gifht for my marriage, but cannot take it no more. What can i do???
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/19/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

so, do I have to file both forms together?? I have called the police but have not press charges on him. he is a pastor, and is hard to rpove how he behaives at home. although, he lost his pastoral job with the organization 2 years ago, because also he was cheating on me with ladies online, and who know how else. for religious belives is really hard for me to divorce. I really lov him, but also i am starting to wake up and see that this is not getting any better. i have been working and providing from 70-80 % of the household burden, and now i got a good job, i am a teacher, and really wantto do better, but now, he is refising to sign, for his conrolling issue, and I dn't want to lose my job. also, i had a miscarriage provocated for his abuse last year, and have no children with him, which is part of the problem of his anger. we still live together, and he said will close the bank accounts, and will take my car away from me, and will cancel the lease. I am confused, don't have to much prove more than when i was at the shelter, and the miscarriage, and the counseling we received. some pictures, but no pilice reports, because I wanted for him to be able to find a job and do better. so, should i do I360 or I751??

You do one or the other. The I-751 is usually done if you are getting a divorce. Also, you should have more proof as well. It is important because people sometimes use this method fraudulently and they lie about abuse, etc.