Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Background -Married 3yrs(June 1,07 London) -Im US cit, husband…

Customer Question
Background: -Married 3yrs(June 1,07 London) -Im US...
Background:
-Married 3yrs(June 1,07 London)
-Im US cit, husband Graham is UK cit
-live/work Sydney, Australia (HOWEVER we want to leave Aus and travel inSouthEast Asia while we wait for the US visa to come through - which is base of question foryou)
-We have business sponsored 457 visas (We are NOT permanent residents of Aus bc bus visa is tempvisa and so we were NOT allowed to file I130 at US consulate Sydney Australia)
-Filed the I130 petition (Chicago Feb 26) by getting my father (in NC) to send the application from USA
-I130 still in initial review
My understanding of NEXTSTEPS:
1USCIS grants I130 and sends to NVC (approx 5 mths fr Feb 26)
2Then NVC will send Forms DS230 Part1&2 to theUSA address on I130 app (father in NC)
3I submit DS230s, medicals, police, affofsupport, NVC FEE, CURRENT residence
4NVC checks docs and sets interview at consulate
5IF we quit jobs in Aus, can wego to Singapore as tourists& request Singp US consulate for visa interview in step 3? or must stayin Aus?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/18/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

You can travel but you will not be allowed to have your immigrant visa in Singapore because you and he are not resident there.

He would have to go bacu to AUS for the interview.

You do have the timeline accurate.

Judith

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims,

promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

If I answered your question and you agree with the above, please click ACCEPT & leave positive feedback.