Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Hello My name is Esthela I live in dallas texas and I am…

Customer Question
Hello My name isXXXXX live...
Hello
My name isXXXXX live in dallas texas and I am very concerned about the fate that is going to have my child.
Hi is legal resident and I took my citizen ship last year.
I know hi made mistakes. but hi never killed or robbed anyone possibly by a bad lawyer who took his case stick with a felony. with this record and it was very difficult to find work. I was recently widowed down and it was very hard to help a lot in his probation. to be cornered by not finding work, he went to hand over the authorities. and now I want to deport. he arrived here when him are 3 years old and did all his studies here. go to a country that does not know and no one can help him also hi are sick.
can I do something for him?
thank you
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/17/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney
What crime did he commit? Some crimes are permanent bars to being in the U.S.

look like a case of felony domestic violence. which took bad and criminal lawyer. and has a minority for not wanting to show his identification., and twice they found two ounces of marihuana. this time the surrender by the flutes are unable to pay all expenses a probation. And although I could not help. He is in jail in dallas

the him name isXXXXX and they was arrest in 04 13 2010 also

please let me know waht can i do for my son .

Unfortunately, he has major problems. Domestic Violence is one of the big things that is a permanent bar to Residency. Also, the law allows for ONE forgiveness for one conviction for possession of less than 30 grams of marijuana. Unfortunately, because it was an ounce and because it was twice, he really doesn't have much hope.

He only has three options:

1) Get a full and unconditional governor's or U.S. Presidential pardon for each crime.

2) Hire a VERY good criminal attorney to look into the possibility of reopening his criminal cases because something was done incorrectly at the criminal level. If the case can be reopened, then the conviction needs to be vacated (set aside) and then he would need an agreement from the prosecutor not to prosecute him again (which they can do). You can try looking for an attorney at www.ailalawyer.com.

3) Convince the majority of the U.S. Congress to change the law or to make a law of special application only for him called a Private Bill.

These options essentially would eliminate the conviction so that Immigration cannot use it against him to deport him. Unfortunately, sealing or expunging the conviction does not work.

I am truly sorry, but he has a tough battle ahead of him and there is no forgiveness in U.S. Immigration law for these crimes.