Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Hi , I would like to ask when It is possible for me to visit…

Customer Question
Hi , I would like to...
Hi ,
I would like to ask when It is possible for me to visit my friend in the USA. Just for a one week for a holiday.
My problem is that i went to the US in 2007 and overstayed my 1-94 by 9 months, I returned in january 2009.
I understand there are penalties for this, I do not want to be sent back to the UK one I have arrived In USA after a long flight.
Hope to hear from you
Steve
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/16/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

You have a 3 year bar from the time you left the US. You will have to apply for a B2 visa at the US Embassy because you are not eligible to enter on the VWP.

Judith

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims,

promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

If I answered your question and you agree with the above, please click ACCEPT & leave positive feedback.