Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Hello, I have planned to purchase a leisure home in the US…

Customer Question
Hello, I have planned to...
Hello, I have planned to purchase a leisure home in the US hopfully Montana. I am a Norwegian citizen and intend to be so in the future even it my contry has become a a bona fide communist country the last 5 years:-)

My question is as a very keen hunter will I be allowed to take a fwe of my guns into the US and leave them here
not needing to bring them bakc and forth all the time.
I assume they will be considered a personal item as any other property and stored in a gun locker they should not present a problem!?

What is the current regulations in this respect??

Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX n6940 Eikefjord Norway..
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/15/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

You have to file for an import permit and also to possess the firearms must have a valid, unexpired state license.

Here is a link to the ATF which controls your possession of a firearm.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/nonimmigrant-aliens.html#import-restrictions

Judith

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims,

promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

If I answered your question and you agree with the above, please click ACCEPT & leave positive feedback.