Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

Hi Im 5 months pregnant and I need to bring my girlfriend…

Customer Question
Hi I'm 5 months pregnant...
Hi I'm 5 months pregnant and I need to bring my girlfriend from Ukraine to USA to be my nanny A.s.a.p. I need her here before the baby is born. What is the best and fastest visa she can apply for? and what do I need to do from my part? and do I need to hire a lawyer to speed up the process?
Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/15/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Other than the J1 there is no visa for a "nanny" unless you can show that the job will have a definite ending date. Then there is the possibility of an H2B visa for up to one year with an extension possible for another year.

H2Bs are very difficult to do. You have to advertise the position and show there is no available US worker. They are generally used for seasonal housekeeping and labor jobs.

Here is a link to some FAQs to help you understand it.

http://faq.visapro.com/H2B-Visa-FAQ.asp

Judith

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims,

promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

If I answered your question and you agree with the above, please click ACCEPT & leave positive feedback.