Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

If I am a US Citizen and I have the custody of a Venezuela…

Customer Question
If I am a US...
If I am a US Citizen and I have the custody of a Venezuela child who is 15 years old. Can she come to the USA?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/11/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Where is the other parent and what custody he/she have?

My wife and I have the custody of adoption and I just became a US Citizen
Where is your wife? Where are you? Are you divorced or married? If divorced, who as managing custody (majority time)?
My wife and I live in Florida, we are planning to adopt a child who is under 16 years old that live in Venezuela, right now. That child is my sister's child that she cannot have her anymore. Can we adopt her, and them she can come to USA?
Yes, but you have to do an adoption through the USCIS. It's a lengthy process. I will link you to the step by step:http://adoption.state.gov/country/venezuela.html

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”