Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

A LPR has been in the US for 20 years. Her 10-year card is…

Customer Question
A LPR has been in...
A LPR has been in the US for 20 years. Her 10-year card is going to expire soon. She is currently married to a US citizen. A year ago she applied for USC but it was denied. They told her she can file an appeal. The reason they denied it is as follows. During her interview, she said she worked for company X for 1 month, but she did not later show any documentation with her USC application to prove that she worked there. She was unable to obtain documentation to show she worked there because that company is under investigation for tax fraud and they company simply refused to provide any paystubs to her. The questions are:
1. What can she do now? Can she reapply without proof of employment from that job?
2. Can she just submit an affidavit in place of the proof of employment?
3. Or is she better off to appeal it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/10/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Did this employer petition her for her resident status?

It is highly unusual for her to be denied citizenship on such grounds as this does not look like lack of good moral character.

Have you personally seen the denial decision?

Judith

The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims,

promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

If I answered your question and you agree with the above, please click ACCEPT & leave positive feedback.