Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

I have just returned from the usa after being detained and…

Customer Question
I have just returned from...
I have just returned from the usa after being detained and deported at broward transitional centre in florida for overstaying a visawaiver.I do not have a criminal record in either america or england yet recieved a bar of 10 years.
Can I appeal or apply for permission to re-enter the states and if so how?and when?as I would like to be able to return as soon as possible.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/10/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

You cannot appeal that. There is a 212(d) non-immigrant waiver that is available. You would have to apply for a B-2 tourist visa or some other visa to enter the U.S. and then also apply for the 212(d) waiver in order to come back before those 10 years. If you apply for an immigrant visa (if, for example, you are married to a U.S. Citizen), then the waiver is done on an I-212 and perhaps an I-601 which both can be found at www.uscis.gov. If you are going to do this, I strongly recommend that you use an attorney to help you. You can look for one at www.ailalawyer.com.

Yes,please could you disclose the likelehood of them acceptong me with a visitors visa plus waiver once banned for 10 years and is it better to leave a certain amount of time before I apply?and is marriage the most likely way to be accepted back into the states,?

Marriage is probably the most likely way, but if it is less than 10 years since your deportation, you will need a special permission to apply for entry after deportation which is done on form I-212 which can be found at www.uscis.gov and also an I-601 waiver if you had more than 180s of overstay time in the U.S.

Neither of these waivers are easy to get.

The same thing with the 212(d) waiver, it is not easy to get.

Is there anything else that I can do for you? If not, please do not forget to click accept so that I can get credit for my assistance to you. You are not charged again and we can continue to communicate without additional charge if you have a few follow-up questions. Thank you!