Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

i came to the u.s when i was 3 years old with visa, i have…

Customer Question
i came to the u.s...
i came to the u.s when i was 3 years old with visa, i have a social security active. but i cant tell if i ever had some appointment for mi residence card or anithing my father never gave us information
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/9/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

What is your question exactly?

i came with my mother and sister to u.s with some kind a visa, like to testified in a court but whe never did.that wasent true that we were soposed to testified. we where to get greencard later that year never knew what happen and if there was any appointments my father was obssesive and violent never told my mother dint want to help her or us

It sounds to me that you're unsure of not only your options, but also your status. What you have to do is to set an InfoPass appointment with a local USCIS officer here...http://infopass.uscis.gov/...and get all the info you need on your case, plus anything else you may inquire about.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

i dont think im legal here. but i have a social since i got here is active i use it here alot is good

Well that is why you need to go to InfoPass and get the information. I can't advise you nor can an attorney help you until you know what your status is. That's why you need to go there, and no, they won't arrest you.