Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

My husband travelled out of the country while is papers were…

Customer Question
My husband travelled out of...
My husband travelled out of the country while is papers were been filed to become a permanent resident and was able to come back into the country. When we went in for our interview last week we had one itch. Based the above issue I was ask to send in an avadavit waiver (nothing financial) How do I write such
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/8/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney replied 8 years ago
Guillermo Senmartin, Immigration Attorney

Does your husband have 10 years of legal employment in the U.S.? That is really the only way to file an I-864W (the waiver). Or is there some crime that he committed?

Or did he travel outside of the U.S. after you filed the I-485 but he did not have an approved I-131 Advance Parole?

Jamaica

Yes, that is correct. Persons with I-130s filed on or before November 8, 2004 can now use those I-130s to immigrate. So he has about a two year wait. You can take a look at this link to verify that:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_4879.html

Every few months, go to this link to see how it is advancing:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html