Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

my husband get his green card from been sponcer by employment.he…

Customer Question
my husband get his green...
my husband get his green card from been sponcer by employment.he want to fild for me and the kids which live with him in america one kids is 17 and another is 19 . what form he has to fild for us and how long it would take to ger green card thank u soo much
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Immigration Law
6/8/2010
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

What is your legal status in the US?

Judith

i came to america legaly but i and the kids over stayed our visa for the last ten yeard. my husband get his green card 2 years ago and goin and fild for me and 2 kids.

He files form I-130 but it will take 4 years. You would have to go back home for your immigrant visa interview. If you leave the US you will face a 10 year bar to returning.

You will need to wait until your husband becomes a US citizen and then you can file for adjustment of status in the US.

If your children are under 21 at the time he becomes a US citizen then they can also file here in the US.

He can apply for his naturalization 3 months before his 5 year anniversary for his adjustment.

Judith

promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

i asked because when he put in the papes througgh the company that sponcer him he et throuh in about 6 month wordernin if it hae any thin to do with his sponcer by the company.

You could not file your papers with him becuase you were illegal. If you were legal you could have filed all together.

It is a totally different process filing through the employer and he did not have to wait like you will have to wait through him sponsoring you.

Judith

but my 21 year daughter get hersand she was illegal too

Was your husband's case started before 04/30/2001?

Judith

no i think is 07

I can't explain, I don't have access to enough facts. I will opt out.

Judith

Did u get my last message?
Relist: Answer quality.
MY DAD AND I GOT OUR GREEN CARD ABOUT 1 YR AND A HALF AGO, THOROUH SPONSORSHIP FROM HIS JOB AND HE IS IN THE PROCESS OF FILING FOR MY MOM AND 2 BROTHERS. ONE IS 19 AND THE OTHER IS 17 YRS OLD. wHAT TYPE OF FORMS WILL BE NEEDED TO FILE FOR ALL 3 OF THEM AND IS THERE ANYWAY U COULD POSSIBLY TELL ME HOW LONG IT MAY TAKE??