Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

how long does it take to get your work authorization card after

Customer Question

how long does it take to get your work authorization card after I have done my biometrics? I had them done about a week and a half ago. I have spoken to a previous lawyer and she said that it would take a couple of weeks to a month from the day I sent in all my documents before I did my biometrics. But I really desperate and anxious to work and really want my card as soon as possible. Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 7 years ago.

It generally takes 8 weeks after getting your biometrics done to receive your card.

If you have some family emergency and have had the biometrics done you can make an InfoPass appointment at http://www.uscis.gov/ and take the evidence of your circumstances that would support a request for an expedite.

Circumstances would be a medical emergency with your spouse who is the primary support; if your spouse got laid off or something else like that.

Judith

promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
does it sometimes come any sooner or later?

The 8 weeks is approximate. It could be sooner or very shortly after. More likely sooner.

Judith