How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 42206
Experience:  Have attended multiple seminars involving immigration and family law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have questions on card processing. Presently I have L1A

This answer was rated:

I have questions on Green card processing.
Presently I have L1A visa (Managerial roles), my present employer is not interested to file Green card for me due to expenses fees etc. How do I proceed for my green card, I'm willing to spend money to apply for my green card.
Please suggest. Mnay thanks in advance.
Thanks for your question.Here is information and forms about filing here yourself.You can do this on your own.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.


I'm not clear on your answer, this part is already know to me.

I need to know if emplyer is not willign what I can do to apply for Green card.



You would have to fit here under the other categories here through a relative or other means.If you can do so then you can seek green card.It doesn't have to be through employer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.


Is it possible to hire lawer and file the GC privately if my company is not willing to spend? if yes, how to proceed...please provide details.

Sorry for dragging this, I think you might understand my question now.

Thanks in advance.

it is here.Many people do so if company here will not pay..

Green Card Through Investment
Green cards may be available to investors/entrepreneurs who are making an investment in an enterprise that creates new U.S. jobs.

Green Card Through Self Petition
Some immigrant categories allow you to file for yourself (“self-petition”). This option is available for either “Aliens of Extraordinary Ability” or certain individuals granted a National Interest Waiver.

Green Card Through Special Categories of Jobs
There are a number of specialized jobs that may allow you to get a green card based on a past or current job. All of these require a Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, and are described in Section 101(a)(27) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) (see the “INA” link to the right):

  • Afghan/Iraqi Translator
  • Broadcaster
  • International Organization Employee
  • Iraqi Who Assisted the U.S. Government
  • NATO-6 Nonimmigrant
  • Panama Canal Employee
  • Physician National Interest Waiver
  • Religious Worker

In some cases, you may be able to file the immigrant petition (either a Form I-140 or I-360, depending on your category) at the same time that you file Form I-485, known as “concurrent filing.” For more information, see the “Concurrent Filing” link to left under “Green Card Processes & Procedures.”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.


I'm inquiring about the d it yourself kind of process, since my employer is not ready to file GC.

Please confirm again.


Unless employer here is willing to sign off on your green card then you would have to seek through family member here.Here are the options available here to you..
Ray and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you