How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108979
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have an appointment with immigration to have my biometrics

Resolved Question:

i have an appointment with immigration to have my biometrics taken how long those it take to get my results back
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
You will not be getting any results back in regards XXXXX XXXXX FBI background check. That only goes to USCIS. But the I-90 process should take around 3 to 5 months or so from the point you file it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i have the I-797C, notice of action and i have an appointment this friday to have my biometrics taken because i have lost my alien regitration card and all i want to know is how long those it take? to get the results back will they send me the results back by mail or notify me? and if i have pending charges will it effect me on anyway
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

That's a different story. The charges can and will affect you. What pending charges do you have?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
look i have criminal pending charges and all i want to know is it going to effect me on anyway and if it does how long does it take them to know that i have pendig charges and if they find out right then can i be arrested by the them because i dint go to court for some charges
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

Look, I'm only trying to help you here. I don't know who you are, I am not going to report you. Immigration law is very complicated. If you want a simple answer, the answer is YES, it will affect you. Absolutely it will. But I know that you will not be satisfied with that answer. I know the next set of questions will be how it will affect you, how long it could take, etc. etc. I've been doing this a long time and I can anticipate what comes next, so if you truly want me to help you (and I do want to give you the best information that I can), then let me know the exact charges and where exactly you are in the process in regards XXXXX XXXXX charges.


Some crimes are permanent bars to residency and could get you deported.


If you don't want to give me any more information about that, then all I can tell you is that yes, it will affect your green card, they will not approve you until there is a disposition in regards XXXXX XXXXX criminal case (meaning it gets closed) and they may never approve you depending on what the charges are.


So let me know how you want to go forward and I'll try to help you, or not. Up to you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i have felony of cocaine, felony of meth, gun charge, i got out of jail with bailbond but dint never report to court is been about five years now.i got pulled over by the cops about a year ago for a dui and gave them another name and they even finger printed me and i was worry that they would find out that i had gave them another name and that am wanted for all those other charges but nothing i got out of jail with another bailsbond and dint report to court once again so i have some pretty serious charges and recently went to mexico and lost my wallet and i came back and all i had was copys of my green card and social, border patrol figer prited me and nothing they just let me come and told me that i had to get a appointment with immigration so that i can get my green card and social back i was only 17 years when all of this happen am 23 now so is that got any thing to do why they dont find nothing on me. so am willying to risk it and go to my appointment maybe it wont show nothing again and if it does how long will it take for my results of the biometrics if it takes more then a day then i would like to go i just dont want to get arrested there in the spot and if i dont get it oh well it fine am trying to get some money saved so i can hire me a good lawer and get my record straight?

but i was told that i will get deported when i get done with my time in jail is that true

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

i have an appointment to have my biometrics taken how long those it take for them to get the results


Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
You have gotten very lucky. I would not risk going to that appointment. But at some point you are going to have problems because years ago they were not cracking down hard on people with criminal pasts. Now it is a different story. There is no forgiveness for cocaine, or meth charges nor gun charges. About the only thing worse you could have criminally would be trafficking. If you have money, you should pay a very good criminal attorney to quietly look into the convictions and see if because of your youthful age and/or something done wrong in the criminal procedure way back when, that you can get your case reopened and get what is called a vacature. This is about your only hope unless you can get a full and unconditional governor's or U.S. Presidential pardon. I am truly sorry.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

it is trafficing of cocaine and meth i got caught with over 100 grams of cocaine and meth and the gun charge i want to know if i can get deported after i hire me a good lawer and turn my self in i do have some money am willing to pay 10,000 dollars to a lawer if they can get me 1 or 2 or no more than 5 years in prison but i just dont want to go to prison and get deported anyway i would just rather go back to mexico and not never return back i know you are lawer but i dont know if you can answer this question because you are not a criminal lawer but give a opinion this truly my last question

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

Forget it. Your only hope is if they change the law or if you can convince the majority of the U.S. Congress to make a special law only for you called a Private Bill. There are 4 things in immigration law that have no forgiveness that not even a U.S. Presidential pardon helps. Those 4 things are marriage fraud, false claim to U.S. Citizenship, money laundering and drug trafficking. The the drug trafficking, they do not even need a conviction, only a "reason to believe" that you were involved in or benefited from any form of drug trafficking. They even use this to go after the family of drug traffickers! Like those that benefited from the monies gained. So if you were a drug trafficker and you sent your kid to school with that money and bought him or her a car with that money, maybe a house, they could get deported too! That's how tough that law is. Here is a link:


I am truly sorry.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions