How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 39048
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how can i find out my citizenship certificate number and date

Customer Question

how can i find out my citizenship certificate number and date of issuance ASAP since i cannot locate the orignal document
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

Make an InfoPass appointment and ask the immigrations officer. I don't believe that there's any ASAP means of obtaining the number and date. Obviously, you could apply for a replacement certificate, and in fact, you must, eventually. But, that won't get you the number ASAP.


Hope this helps.


Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this did not help me at all. i feel that you led me on by pretending you had the answer. This is a total farce. I would expect my refund deposit.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

If you ask a question that has no good answer, then all I can tell you is the next best thing. That is not leading you on. It is answering the question.


Would you prefer that I make up a false answer that would satisfy you -- only to find out later that I lied?


I can only provide an objectively correct response to a question. No one can do more than that.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I knew that I could get a replacement document, I did not you to tell me that. What I wanted was a way to get the information I needed ASAP. Rather you or just answer led me to believe differently.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

I did not mislead you in any way. If you don't want to pay, then that is your perogative. You may contact customer service at [email protected] for a refund of your deposit.


I wish you the best.



Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay I will. I know that I will get the runaround trying to get a refund but its the principle that matters.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

I agree. It is the principal (sic). Once again, I wish you the best.


Note: please do NOT respond to this post, or the system will require me to respond to you again.

Edited by socrateaser on 11/8/2009 at 7:16 PM EST