How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109045
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my sister received a letter from immigration yesterday that

This answer was rated:

my sister received a letter from immigration yesterday that her marriage was fraudulent and she has been denied stay. She is married to the guy for 10 yrs and she was told that her green card was pending by her immigration officer. She and her husband had a fight and he went to immigration office to tell immigration officer that the marriage is fake. They said she lived in another state the entire 10 yrs of marriage. She has sickle cell anemia and she has crisis all the time. If she leaves the US, her life expectany will be short. What can she do
This is VERY bad. There is no forgiveness for a finding of marriage fraud. That is a permanent bar to any U.S. immigration benefit and she is deportable from the U.S. It doesn't matter what health reasons she has. She needs to fight against that finding of marriage fraud and prove that her marriage was real and she was living with him those 10 years. She can bring in witnesses, statements, declarations, drivers licenses, taxes, bills, whatever it takes, but she has to prove it was real. If she does not, she will never be able to get an immigration benefit ever again. She should probably hire an attorney to do this. She can go to to find one.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions