How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 29013
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get a new for I-97?

Resolved Question:

I came to this country in 2002. In 2005 I lost my passport, but I didn't report it to the police. I just call the Embassy and apply for a new passport and but that time they just gave me another one without the report. I got married to a american citizen on 2007 and submit tge form I-130. I got aproved but I can prove that I came to this country with Visa because I don have de form I-94. Can you told me what can I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 8 years ago.

It is form I-102.

It is going to take you several months for them to do the search. Hopefully since you came after 9/11/2001 they will be able to find it. They started keeping better records as of that date so that is on your side.




Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes, but the form ask for the report and i don't have one
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 8 years ago.

Just pput "NONE".


The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.


If I answered your question and you agree with the above, please click ACCEPT & leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was hopping that you can tell me something like : Do this or that, Go here, get a form#.... send that to there and you can get another I-97 Do you undersntand
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 8 years ago.

I did tell you what to do - AND where to go for the Form # XXXXX

And you want to replace your I-94, NOT I-97


Do this or that: Fill out form I-102

If you are currently in Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermond, Virginia, West Virginia or the U.S. Virgin Islands, mail the application to:

USCIS - Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VTNNN-NN-NNNN/p>

If you are currently in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee or Texas, mail the application to:

USCIS - Texas Service Center
P.O. Box(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Mesquite, TXNNN-NN-NNNN/p>

If you are currently in Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii or Nevada, mail the application to:

USCIS - California Service Center
P.O. Box 10102
Laguna Niguel, CANNN-NN-NNNN/p>

If you are currently anywhere else in the United States, mail the application to:

USCIS - Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87102
Lincoln, NENNN-NN-NNNN/p>

Filing Fee :


I understand, do you? I can't help you with a police report. If you didn't file one, you have to put "NONE".

Maybe you just don't want to pay for information?




Judith Ludwic and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you