How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28930
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are the fees an employer has to pay to file H1B transfer

Resolved Question:

What are the fees an employer has to pay to file H1B transfer request, and about how long does it take? I would assume potential employee needs to wait for a reply before he can start with new employer?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 8 years ago.

The employer has to pay the training fee. You can begin employment once the employer receives the fee receipt if you are currently on an H1B. The employer must pay the training fee ($750 / $1500) for the petition, if applicable, and one should not enter into a reimbursement agreement with the employer. Either the employee or the employer may pay the other filing fees: $320 base filing fee, the fraud prevention fee $500, if applicable, and the $1000 optional premium processing fee.

It can take as little as 15 days if you pay the additional $1000 for premium processing. If you don't, then you need to check the processing times on the USCIS website for Vermont Service Center



The information provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. By accepting you agree you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises. You are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed in this public forum.



Judith Ludwic and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you