How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108705
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi,I wanna know how to make faster I-130 processing, for my ...

Resolved Question:

Hi,I wanna know how to make faster I-130 processing, for my wife visa to bring her here, because now i became a US citizen, and i filled her I 130 in 2006 when i was just a green card holde. Its just took forever to become a citizen,and now again i have to wait. Plz help me what to do next to make the process.I already called USCIS that now i am a US citizen. I wanna bring my dad and half brother also, because in Pakistan whr i live the life of the people is getting misreable.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 9 years ago.

For information on how to upgrade the petition, please look at page 3 on the bottom right of the link I am providing below.

To bring your father, you will need to follow the same steps to bring your wife, file an I-130 and eventually and I-864 and then have him do consular processing.

Unfortunately, in regards XXXXX XXXXX brother, unless he is a minor, he will have a long wait. You may still file an I-130 petition for him, but the wait for that category is about 11 years at the moment. (4th category Family-Based Preference - )


Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and 4 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to GSenmartin's Post: Thanks for ur answer, i am just double checking it wiith u, before accepting it, plz tell me, that at this time i need to wait for I 130 APPROVAL , it mean a leetre should come from USCIS and then i need to mail the certificate and 1 824 for visa number. Because i called then and told then over the phone that i am US citizen.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 9 years ago.
Yes, you must wait for an approval. Did they tell you over the phone that just the phone call was enough to upgrade your petition? I don't think it is. I think that you have to actually follow the directions in the link that I gave you as you should send a copy of your naturalization certificate.

Related Immigration Law Questions