George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

The battery was dead, and we can't get the car restarted. We

Customer Question

The battery was dead, and we can't get the car restarted. We have attempted to insert the key into the manual keyhole in the console. The car keeps indicating "key not recognized." indicating
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: No. We jump-started the car.
JA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?
Customer: 2011 Hundai Sanata
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. We have jump started the car, replaced the battery in the key fob, and insrted the key into the keyhole in the center console
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's about it.. That's about it. I think
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Gene replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer! My name is Gene and I am here to help answer your questions. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your vehicle. I will do my best to give you the answer you are looking for. Please allow me a few minutes in between our responses to review your information. I may ask several questions to get more details about your problem. While you are waiting for me to respond I am looking up the workshop manuals and wiring diagrams needed to answer your concerns.

The website will prompt a phone call automatically, not me. So please don't let this automatic service prompt annoy you.If you prefer to talk verses type then please use the phone call option.

Expert:  Gene replied 9 days ago.

Hello, so do you now have a good battery in the car itself? Or are you still trying to jump start it? Have you tried this with a different key and the same results?