Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When i turn the key to start, it makes a repeated click

Customer Question
Second opinion] when i...

Second opinion] when i turn the key to start, it makes a repeated click sound but wont turn on

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

No its all fine, its a 2014 santa fe gls

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Havent tried anything, id like to get it fixed with a reasonable cost

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Lights and electronics working fine

Submitted: 11 days ago.Category: Hyundai
8/8/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 11 days ago
Andrew Martin
It’s most likely the battery is on its way out. Try jump starting it and if it starts, replace the battery. It has enough to turn the electronics on but not enough to start the vehicle, that’s why you hear the rapid clicks, seen it a thousand times.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating 3 stars or higher, or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. Feel free to ask further questions after rating/accepting. Thank you!