eric remington
eric remington,
Experience:  mechanic/service advisor at topline auto
95415974

I am looking for the body control module location on a 2012

I am looking for the body control module location on a 2012 hyundai accent
JA: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have an auto repair shop and my guys just cant find it. No diagrams we find make any sense
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope...Just location

Hello, it's under the center of the dash, I'll post some pictures below.

My goal is to provide 5 star service. Please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page. Rating/accepting does not cost extra and ensures I'm credited for my time and knowledge. It also does not close your question if you have a follow up concerning this. Thank you for using Just Answer!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have those diagrams. I just can't seem to locate it. Makes no sense

Definitely odd, once you remove the trim under the steering column it should be to the right.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The man date is dec of 2011...would that make a difference?

That definitely should be a 2012, let me open this up to see if another expert has ran into this issue.

Different expert here. Can I get the vin number and pull location by that

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
KMHCT4AE7CU191012
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Mechanic found the holes where it should mount but there is no bcm there. Very strange

HI,

By the vin number the location the previous expert gave it correct.

As your mechanic found the mounting location, then at some point someone else has been into the dash - either to remove the dash for evap/heater core replacement or even having replaced the BCM and never bolted it back up

There is not a lot of wiring harness give to move it very far, but the 2 places I would look are towards the audio and climate control unit behind center of dash, or tucked up higher behind the instrument cluster.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Amazingly we just can't find it. I just don't understand.

Was it driven in or towed in?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Driven
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer complained of normal strange bcm behavior and our snap on diag lead to it as well. Purchased one online and here we are. I swear we have looked everywhere.

HI,

Ok, has to be there somewhere then. Look around the dash tie bar, tucked above the steering column and tucked around audio/climate control unit. Also see if someone layed it atop the engine and transmission control module in front of the floor console. I dont think the harness will reach, but check behind and above the fuse box at driver side of dash.

Not sure where else it could be stuck.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there anyway for you to explain to me if I can track it by the wiring harness? Where does the bcm harness originate? This is unbelievable

HI,

Let me see if I have a harness routing diagram

HI,

Cant tell where it originates at, but appears to cross over from the driver side to the passenger side behind the dash to an area around the blower motor. Wonder if someone tucked it up behind the hvac housing in that area

see attached

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
After some research I have found some info that says some accents do not have a bcm. Is this true?

HI,

Have not heard that and by the vin number, it shows it does and I just checked wiring diagrams for control modules for this vin and shows the BCM

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is some info i found:It seems like it revolves around the Body Control Module (BCM). You'd want to spend some time studying the ETM manual on hyundaitechinfo.com to learn where the BCM is, whether you have one, and to what extent the wiring is present to the doors.The ETM manual implies there are accents with no BCM. If you don't have one, but the wiring is present it might be as simple as buying a BCM and dropping it in.

HI,

I have not read that before.

I can reopen this and see if anyone has information to confirm this particular one doesnt have a BCM

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would appreciate anything

ok, I am opening it up to other experts and will continue to delve into this and if I find anything before any expert does, will post it here for you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Any help?

c​all me

eric remington,
Experience: mechanic/service advisor at topline auto
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i accepted...how do we contact?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i am leaving my shop. My cell # is(###) ###-#### Not sure how this works but would appreciate some help.

H​ello how are you I will call in 30 minutes

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok...Call me at(###) ###-####..thanks

M​ay I have vehicle identification number please?

bcm according to mitchell

schematics

ANTITHEFT WITH OR WITHOUT BCM

sO THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE...YOU HAVE THE ONE WITHOUT BCM...iT IS AN OPTION...iF YOU NEED SCHEMATICS TO FIND PROBLEMS, THEN USE SCHEMATICS THAT DO NOT HAVE THE BCM AS THEY WILL BE DIFFERENT. IF you need any or anything else let me know