Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am getting a PO700 code check engine light on what could…

Customer Question
I am getting a...

I am getting a PO700 code check engine light on what could be the problem. Do kneed to have tranny fluid change.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays on it’s a yellow light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just that I added transmission fluid as it was low light went off but came back on after about 70 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Otherte

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Hyundai
5/29/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need. The Web Site will prompt a phone call , I'll let you know if it's needed.

The code P0700 means that the transmission control module is seeing a system fault and setting a transmission fault code and in order to retrieve the transmission fault code, you are going to need access to a full scan tool. A code reader will not pull transmission fault codes on your 2006 Hyundai. If you can get me the actual transmission fault code I can help you determine the cause.

I do not have the code reader a friend plugged his into car Sunday and gave me the code #

Okay the code reader will pull the code P0700 which means you also have a stored transmission code in the TCM (transmission control module ) . To get this code you will need a full scan tool.

I think I will just bring car into hyundia

They will have the correct scan tool to retrieve the actual code and determine whats needed to repair it.

You just seem like you want to keep raising the price of this chat with no real answer
Don’t want to call
I’m fine with typing

I am not raising the price of anything, phone calls are offered by the website and not by me. I have not provided you with an answer yet because without having the transmission fault code that would be impossible to do.

Is this your answer
right now I have not been charged
If so then I thank you and good bye

I have not charged you anything at this point and have nothing more to add without knowing the transmission code. Ill open this up for you and perhaps someone else will have something to add for you.

Hyundai Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 2 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

you will need a scan tool to pull the fault code from the transmission control module as there are 100+ possible things that can turn on that light for a P0700. that is the ONLY answer you will get until you provide a transmission fault code. thank you