Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2015 Sonora pulls to the left when I accelerate. 4 years…

Customer Question
My 2015 Sonora pulls...

My 2015 Sonora pulls to the left when I accelerate.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

4 years old. 64000 kilometers

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Hyundai?

GL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not tried anything yet, besides checking my tire pressure

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Hyundai
5/28/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: 350matt, Engineer replied 2 months ago
350matt
350matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

The first thing I'd do is take the car to a place that does 4 wheel suspension alignment, most places use the back wheels as a datum and assume that they are perfectly straight and true. Often this is not the case and many modern cars are now adjustable at the rear as well as the front.

A 4 wheel alignment measures all four wheels independently and each is set -up without referring to each other.

it sounds like it may be worn suspension joint that's allowing the steering geometry to change under acceleration

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt