Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The car says key not detected but its right there with new…

Customer Question
The car says key...

The car says key not detected but its right there with new battery.tried two keys. It says push start with key and it flashes instrument lite and that's all?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

It goes through a,series of lties most on panel.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Hyundai genesis 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Genesis yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing but key won't lock doors and car won't shift out of park

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's parked in a garage so I don't know how we would tow it out if needed. Nearest Hyundai dealer is 129 miles away

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Hyundai
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Its been 60 minutes now.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/27/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Jim, ASE Certified Technician replied 25 days ago
Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today

Try holding the key fob right next to the start button while starting and see if it starts. Let me no what happens

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I did that and no

Have the batteries been changed in the key fob

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I explained that I had done everything that you keep asking when I first asked for help.
Hyundai Mechanic: davehop, Auto Service Technician replied 24 days ago
davehop
davehop, Auto Service Technician
Hello and welcome to JA...it sounds like the computer has forgotten the RF code from your remote so it's not allowing it to let the vehicle start. Normally we would just reprogram the remote to the vehicle but since you're so far away from a dealership I do have one suggestion for you... Get into the trunk and disconnect the battery both the positive and negative terminals take the cables off the battery touch them together for 30 seconds you may have to use a jumper wire to get them to touch each other then reconnect the battery and see if the remote starts to work other than that the only other thing you can do is have the remote to reprogram to the vehicle with needs to be done at a Hyundai dealership or have a remote locksmith come to where the vehicle is and they could possibly do it for you.