Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 Hyundai Tuscon no power to fuel pump and scanner will…

Customer Question
2009 Hyundai Tuscon no power...
2009 Hyundai Tuscon no power to fuel pump and scanner will not communicate with ECM..I need diagnostic schematics
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Hyundai
5/27/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 26 days ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Can you tell me what liter engine is in your model?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
2.3

I am showing a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder or a 2.7-liter V6 engine. Is the engine one of these here?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
It's 2.7 v 6

Below in the link is the diagram layout for your vehicle here. You want to check and make sure the ECM has its correct power and grounds and check for any wiring issues at or leading to the ECM that may need to be repaired.

If you have all power and grounds and no communication as well as no fuel pump operation there is a very good chance the ECM is at fault needing to be replaced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvsn2bb3qjuminq/ecm-05-27.pdf?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I think it's ECM do you have alldata step by step diagnostic for fuel pump

Here is what I have located on fuel pump testing. This very well could be the ECM at fault.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9cjx5iykbpw8jo/fp-05-27.pdf?dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed. Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you sir that should be all I need

Your welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
How do I find out if this car has an immobiliser or not dealer says they can't tell me
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 24 days ago

You would have an immobilizer indicator like a theft light or security light in the dash that would flash when you try and start it or when you release the key after trying to start it.

Thanks Pete