Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2001 plantar,all Windows don't work,replaced

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 plantar,all Windows don't work,replaced controls,nothing.checked all Windows with 12 volts all go up and down,mirror control works

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Don't have diagram

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 Hyundai?

Don't have diagram...how many fuses for windows

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

4 door

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Took off panels and worked each window up and down with 12 v transformer all ok,traced power all the way to drivers door ok,bought factory controller and installed still not working.....it quit working when window was left down and controls were filled with snow...you could hear the control cracking sounds

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 day by:
5/28/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 23 days ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

What model vehicle is this?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
2001 elantra 4 door

Remove the power window relay, are you getting power on pins 2 and 4 and round on pin 3?

Does the relay click in your finger tips when you install it?

Both tests are with the key on.

Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 20 days ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris