Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Our 2007 Hyundai Azera starts beautifully most of the time,

Customer Question
Our 2007 Hyundai Azera...

Our 2007 Hyundai Azera starts beautifully most of the time, and then suddenly won't start. It has left us stranded at church two times. It wouldn't start at home, another time, so we had to take another car. When we take it to Hyundai dealer, of course, it won't act up. We can't depend on it. This has happened about 7 times during the last six months.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes, the battery has been replaced.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Azera yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, we have taken it to another mechanic---we know he's competent because he used to work for us. He has kept the car for several days. Only once did the car act up, but he knows that it acts up.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Hyundai
5/2/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 25 days ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Does it fail to crank or does it crank but not start?

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician