Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a2008 Hundai Azera with3.8 litre engine. I'

I have a2008 Hundai...

I have a2008 Hundai Azera with3.8 litre engine. I' experiencing intermittened no start even though the battery has adequate voltage and engine turns over with authority. Any words of wisdom?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the engine spark at all? Is there a trouble code or is your "check engine light" on?

No check engine light and have no way to check spark. Last time I called a cab for a jump and it started right up but may have done that without the jump.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Azera?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Azera yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. I don't have the expertise. The only thing we've done is have the dealer check it and all they did was replace the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

4/23/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started! Have you taken it back to the dealer since?

After the first insident we had it towed to the dealer, they said the battery was bad and replaced it. It worked fine for a week or so then the problem reoccured even though the battery turned the engine over with authority.
I can't afford to risk the 26 for a phone call

so when its no start engine spins but just dosent start right? like lack of fuel or spark, also please read my entire intro message as you will see the information about the phone calls

The problem is like no fuel or spark

when its in the no start is there a security light on, from when you start and go to key on position

Door and trunk security is on until you begin to crank it over then it goes out

ok so next we need to physically check fuel and spark, have you done these procedures before?

I wouldn't know where to start. I'm not a mechanic.

so are you looking for recomendations on where to take it?

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Dennis Gooch
Dennis Gooch, Master Technician
Phone call session started
Anyplace but Lythia Hundai. They don't have a clue how to fix anything.

whats your zip code