Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Yeah my car is with Airbag light on. And tried much to find…

Customer Question
Hi, Yeah my car...

Hi, Yeah my car is with Airbag light on

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

And tried much to find out the problem, i opened the clock spring also but no result ] i checked the wiring under the seat as well

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

Its 2014 KIA Forte

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forte yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have the code which is B148100

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just i even open the clock spring and checked line and all were fine

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Hyundai
4/3/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

thanks,
did you find out the problem?
Sorry can you respond me by chat

As you probably know this code is for the drivers side airbag. Possible problems would be airbag module, wiring/connector, clockspring, or airbag. The most likely cause is the clockspring. You can do a resistance test on wiring going to clockspring and test wiring between module and clockspring. Resistance should be under 5 ohms on each test. If wiring tests good then replace the airbag but clockspring is by far the most common cause. Here is a wiring diagram to help with testing. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbxmtgf22i3coj8/airbag.pdf?dl=0

i tested the wiring up to entry socket of Clock all were fine
and i opened the clock and tested for any disconnecting wire, all were fine

You will need to do resistance tests to be sure but if resistances are good then this would leave the airbag itself as problem. Let me know how it goes or if you have questions, thanks.

you mean i have to airbag has problem by it self?
but it expensive part, what if i replace and the problem stay the same, how i can check the air bag ?
i believe as soon as the connections inside the clock is fine there will be no problem with clock, what do you think/?

Like you said the airbag is a expensive part and clockspring is most common to fail so I'd make sure to do a resistnace test before replacing airbag. There is no way to test the airbag so you need to make sure wiring is good leaving airbag as the last possible option. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Unplug airbag module and remove airbag. Then check resistance of wiring between airbag module and airbag, each wire should show under 5 ohms of resistance between the two points. If any wire should higher voltage then the others this would point toward a problem on that wire,

to be honest i don't know to check resistance exactly, but i have a analog multi-meter as my check all were less than 1 or 1.4 max
its better to check the wiring from clock up to muddle, can show me the location of muddle?

I would buy a digital meter. Then to check resistance you unplug both the module and the airbag. Put one meter lead on green wire at module then other lead on green wire at clockspring, this will show you resistance on green wire between both points. Then do same thing with the orange wire, brown wire, and white wire. If all of these wires test good do the same test on the clocksring itself. If you don't feel like testing and want to take the best guess I'd replace the clockspring but clockspring should be easiest to test so I'd start there. Here is a picture of the module, let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/efnt9t86eoprlpb/airbagm.pdf?dl=0

OK so i will follow your advice in the morning and coordinate with you

Sounds like a plan. Thanks again and have a good night.

you will respond me tomorrow , Right?

Yes I will, you can reply at any time without additional fees so make sure to let me know if you need anything. I'm not going to be around for part of day tomorrow but I will eventually reply, should be within a few hours. Thanks.

Thank you so much for your kind assistance, talk to you tomorrow

No problem, I'm happy to help. I'll talk to you then.

have good night

Thanks, ***** *****

Hi Dan,
i checked all the four wires from Clock up to the muddle, and all were fine
now i dont know what to do
Hello?