Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

All of a sudden by car started to expell thick smoke from…

Customer Question
All of a sudden...

All of a sudden by car started to expell thick white smoke from the exhaust.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

Its around 125k mileage has been normal.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2011 sonata 2.0 turbo

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I had it towed to my home. I dont want to do anything to make it worse and not sure if it is under warranty

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This engine was just replaced a little over a year ago under the recall.This is the 3rd time something like this has happened. second time since I had the car.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Was there any smell to the exhaust - fuel , oil, or coolant?

maybe oil not sure

HI,

Ok, check the tailpipe by wiping a rag inside its opening and see if there is any oil or coolant residue, check your coolant and oil levels to see if either is low as well as if there is coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant and let me know results and we can go from there