Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 santa fe new batt new alternator after that took the…

Customer Question
2004 santa fe new...

2004 santa fe new batt new alternator after that took the the car for a ride run very good turn the car off will not stard any more check the stater check out good i lost??

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes the starter took it off work good its about 3 mon old i put a new alternator on car i started it run good took it for a ride come back turn it off will not do anything no dash light turn light woork the parking light work don t know were to look for

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Hyundai
3/31/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Gene, Auto Service Technician replied 26 days ago
Gene
Gene, Auto Service Technician

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, the starter is cranking over the engine when you turn the key or no crank no start like a dead battery? The dash lights up ok?

Did you verify the new altenator was charging? Was the battery light on when running? Will it start with a jump start?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
no i will do nothing no dash light

Does the battery still have a good charge/pass a load test, will the dash light up if you jump the battery? Are the battery connections tight?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
no to short on money i need my car fix that why i am fixing its my self

Thats just the website prompting a phone call dont worry about it.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
the batt are new the alternator is new the car ran good after the new alternator was put in went for a ride come back home turn car off try to stard it again it was like it was all dead but batt was up full chg. no dash light no head light the parking light work went the key is on and that all
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
i need a anser

Either there is a connection issue with the battery like a bad ground or the battery is discharged from the altenator not charging or the battery has a bad cell.Have the battery load tested, recheck to make sure the connections to the battery are tight and clean, If they are and the battery passes a load test then there would be a main fuse blown, Check all fuses to make sure one isnt popped that supplies power to the interior of the vehicle.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
were is the main fuse to the car

Follow the positive battery cable, there is more than one main fuse, follow it to the fuse panel and inspect them all.

Gene
Gene
Gene, Auto Service Technician