Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2012 elantra’s steering wheel is locked and my key wont…

Customer Question
Hello. My 2012 elantra’s...

Hello. My 2012 elantra’s steering wheel is locked and my key wont turn. What could be the problem and what do i do to fix it??

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Hyundai?

Its an elantra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I put my foot on the brake and tried to turn the steering wheel while turning the key but that didnt work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Hyundai
3/31/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

No i have not
Hello? I’ve already paid $28 and i still havent gotten an answer
Hyundai Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago

are the brake lights coming on when press brake ?

do you hear click from shifter when brakes applied ,we have shit interlock solenoid that release when brake pedal pressed ,we also have a brake light switch under pedal ?

Are you looking for the most possible causes or you are repairing it yourself .

Please Let Me Know

Thank You