Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2013 Sante Fe Sport does not detect the key or allow me…

Customer Question
My 2013 Sante Fe...

My 2013 Sante Fe Sport does not detect the key or allow me to use my key buttons to unlock or lock the doors I just replaced the battery and that did not fix it

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes I assumed it happened when I left the lights on in the car and wore the battery down is there a reset that needs to be done?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Hyundai?

Santa Fe Sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just purchasing a new battery the old one was not holding a charge figured this would fix the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Checked fuses as well all seem to be fine

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Hyundai
3/30/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing well. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this today.

It sounds to me like we have one of two possibilities. Either the key has failed internally and is no longer sending out a signal, or the antenna/receiver has failed and is no longer recognizing the signal from the key. Unfortunately the key and receiver will have to be programmed, so it will have to be done by a shop that has the required equipment

It may be worth a shot to disconnect the battery for 10mins to try and wake the modules back up

i have two key fobs and neither work. I guess I will take it in

Okay if neither of them are working then it sounds like a receiver issue