Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My daughter has a Hyundai Santa Fe, I believe it's a 2009…

Customer Question
My daughter has a...

My daughter has a Hyundai Santa Fe, I believe it's a 2009 with about 140K miles. When she's accelerating and with the air conditioner on (as in freeway driving) the engine just stops. As soon as she pulls over, it will restart. Do you have any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

Trans is the same age as the car. She's had it in to more than one car repair shop (including a dealer) and they can't seem to pinpoint the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Santa Fe?

I believe its a 2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, have just taken it to car repair shops

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No apparent problems with engine power or shifting, other than this unpredictable engine shut down. This has happened a few times.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/30/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 24 days ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Was anything replaced by any of the shops to try and correct or locate this fault here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician