Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Car sat for a week dead battery.

Customer Question
2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Car sat...
2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan
Car sat for a week dead battery. completely dead- no lights, no anything.
Charged battery, try to start dash lights blink on and of in time with a clicking sound. Engine does not turn over.
Maybe a security system issue that has to be reset somehow?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Hyundai
3/28/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started!

Sounds like you still have a weak battery, I would take it up to the local auto parts store and have them run a load test on it to see if its ok

It was something with the security system. Hit the lock and unlock button on the fab while sitting in the car and it reset something and let it start.

if you lock and unlock drivers door with key does it start ok ?