Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Was looking for socket size got it 24mm. thx. Front end

Hi was looking for...

Hi was looking for socket size got it 24mm. thx

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Hyundai. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Yep. Front end shimmies horribly when I hit the brakes at 70+ think it's warped front rotor

2009 hyundai sonata 4cyl auto. 24mm hex on tranny right? 89k miles. rotors turned at 48K
3/27/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

You dont need to remove the axle shaft nut to remove the front rotors as they are floating rotors. You will remove the caliper and caliper bracket, then remove M8 screw in front rotor face(if brake work has been done by a shop previously, it may not have been reinstalled), then pull rotor off. If rotor doesnt pull off, there is corrosion between the rotor and hub face. Spray with PB Blast or WD40 and then use a rubber mallet to smack either the face of the rotor or backside of rotor a couple of times to pop it free.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

the tranny fluid plug is 24mm correct?

HI,

Correct, it is 24mm

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
nope finished thanks