Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Locked my door from the inside button and went in store. I…

Customer Question
Locked my door from...

Locked my door from the inside button and went in store. I don’t have a key to enter from outside. I broke in but I can’t start car because the alarm and door locks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Not battery related. I’ve got power

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2013 Tuscon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It’s the door locks and alarm. Because I don’t have a key to unlock door the car thinks I’m breaking in. I can turn ignition to on position but won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t have fib either

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Hyundai
3/26/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, do the following, open and leave open the driver door, turn ignition to on and leave in that position. Disconnect the negative battery cable only, for 1 minute. Reconnect. Alarm should sound and stop within 1 minute. Turn ignition off for 5 seconds and then crank

The advice didn’t work. Ignition will turn on but won’t crank and dtart
Start

Ok, that is the only method I know, so I will opt out and see if another expert may know of another way