Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Its showing me 6 codes, P2106, p1295, p0638, p0300, p0302,

Customer Question
Its showing me 6...

Its showing me 6 codes, P2106, p1295, p0638, p0300, p0302, p0306. Saying thing like throttle actuator control & multiple misfires. Would you have any suggestions on where to begin diagnositcs

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?

165000 km, ill start my car in the morning, come back to it misfiring. the i restart the engine and it quits misfiring. seems as though it'll only misfire upon initial start up

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2008 sonota, 3.3L v6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Hopefully, i havent tried much so far. its been running decent after restarting it, and havent got around to pulling anything apart

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that in the initial start up, the check engine light is flashing, but when it restart it, it becomes a solid light

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Hyundai
3/26/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

how long ago was a tune up done?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do my own oil, last oil change was 4000km ago in October, I replaced my air filter in December. This has been a problem since September, I brought to a mechanic last year to see about a ticking noise. He said it was for the piston rings due to the wear, but not a significant problem. It still makes this noise. It’s a constant tic, goes up with rpm as expected. When my engine light is flashing, at roughly 1250 rpm is when the engine feels roughest, but past that it smoothens out. At idle 800rpm doesn’t seem to vibrate too much, but still does more than normal.
Hyundai Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 30 days ago

Ok that sounds like an engine balance issue. now we can do this a very painful slow process of elimination or a quicker way to isolate it to a smaller area. The quicker way is to have someone or shop to a running cylinder check that shows the percentage of each cylinder at those RPMS, this will tell us exactly which cylinder or cylinders are acting up so we can go from there. So you tell me which way you wish to go and I will proceed.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Well according to my scanner, it is cylinder 2 & 6 that are misfiring
Hyundai Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 28 days ago

Ok what you can do to isolate what is causing the misfire is start swapping parts from a bad cylinder to a good one to see if that misfire follows or changes . first the coils , then if doesen't change the injectors . also if you put a stethoscope on the injectors in the bad cylinders when running make sure they are clicking.

offering a service if you wish for quicker one on one response

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician