Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cooling fan stays on when engine is off. Automatic 2011

Cooling fan stays on...

Cooling fan stays on when engine is off

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Automatic 2011 santa fe....63k mi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just happened tonight....

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Dislodged related fuse in engine ....without ignition on fan stopped....inserted anotherv50 amp fuse fan continued to run with ignition off

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

4 cylinder or V6 engine?

6

There are 2 cooling fan relays in fuse box under hood a hi speed relay and low speed relay. Remove each relay one at a time to see which one turns off fan then replace the relay. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

in the fuse box the 50 am when replaced with another 50 fan keeps running the larger cooling fan fuse on the right in the 3rd slot when removed fan keeps running... however when the 50 am is removed entirely fan stops

You need to remove the hi speed and low speed condenser fan relays to see which one stops fan then replace that relay. The relay is different then a fuse. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician