Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

PO700 OBD Scan Code on my OBD scanner then I also saw

PO700 OBD Scan Code...

PO700 OBD Scan Code on my OBD scanner then I also saw another code stateing PO741 (transmission control module off). This is for a 2007 Hyundai Tucson

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Just the PO700 - no I haven't. I just started using this OBD scanner today that I bought at WalMart (its an Autel). Not sure how to reset yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?

No haven't tried fixiing myself - I do have a personal mechanic - i just wanted to be a little informed before he started down some road of multiple thousands of repair dollars.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No other than my daughter typically drives this car like a bat of hell (about 90 down the freeway). So I can imagine the poor car has endured some mis treatment.

3/24/2018
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Hello, I am Randall. I am working on answering your question now, Please allow me a few min to reply. Meantime? you may see a popup for phone call, I do NOT send this, the system does, I would prefer to keep in chat/email however, at times a call may help. I can not send files or diagrams via phone so lets start out in chat/email and go from there. Back shortly, Thanks

Thanks. ***** is fine.This is the first time in 10 years I've seen the check engine light come on. I have a good local mechanic (i live in Arizona). But just thought I wanted to be a little more informed going into him by getting some knowledge on the codes. I've always tried to maintain this car with regular oil changes but my 25 year old daughter has driven this car for the last 5 years and isn't always as attentive as she should be. She also drives very fast. (90 plus on the freeway). Car has spent its entire life in AZ. Only a couple of trips to Flagstaff and Las Vegas. The car has 135,000 + miles and is a V6 - 2700. I checked the ATF fluid and it seems at normal level. For all purposes - my daughter says the car drives fine. Except every time she drives it, the light comes on.

Understood, working on sending information now, back as quick as I can, Thanks

No worries - take your time. Just wanted ancillary information in case my mechanic says I need to spend $3k for a new tranny.

OK, the 700 code? ignore that one, That is a normal code that is set whenever the trans sets a code and that code goes to the PCM and sets the 700/. It really means nothing at all, The 741 code? that is a code set for the TCC or Torque converter clutch circuit.NO way for me to say what the cause is, there are like 4-5 possibles. Most times we like to do a fluid change to start with,.May? not fix it but, if not? then the tech follows the information I have attached. It could be the solenoid? the fluid?I tend to lean to the solenoid but, impossible for me to be 100% so this is more of information to you so at least you know what possibles are and what the tech must do.It is NOT unsafe to drive, She can drive all she wants, Its more about a fule economy solenoid is all. Also, sometime? removing the NEG battrey terminal for say 90 seconds can reset the codes and they may not return, Could have been a glitch so feel free to try that if you can first. I have attached a fulle diag file from the factory information on the code. Its a .pdf file, This way you can read a bit abou the code eevn if a little Greek to you. Here is the file. Hope all goes ok

Please rate my service provided using the rating stars on your page.
Rating now doe NOT close this post.
You can still come back to me after leaving a rating for me.
This is only for JA to track my service, Thanks. Randall

Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech