Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2017 Sport,lost the remote for the keyless start and have a…

Customer Question
2017 Sport,lost the remote...

2017 Sport,lost the remote for the keyless start and have a new one coming but dont know if I can program it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Lost a fob and need to program a new one when it arrives Monday

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2017 Hyundai Sonata sport,has a removable key and the body shop ordered me an OEM fob.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes if i can?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes,what happens if the battery dies in a fob? will i be able to start the car?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: davehop, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
davehop
davehop, Auto Service Technician
Hello and welcome to JA....your Santa Fe has a push button starting system, and you lost one of the Factory key fobs....correct?
Are you still in need of assistance?