Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

P0441 EVAP SYSTEM INCORRECT PURGE FLOW (STUCK OPEN) P0446…

P0441 EVAP SYSTEM INCORRECT...

P0441 EVAP SYSTEM INCORRECT PURGE FLOW (STUCK OPEN)

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have any warning codes popped up?

P0446 EVAP VENT CONTROL SOLENOID CIRCUIT PERFORMANCE (CLOSED) 243000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

HYUNDAI SANTA FE 4WD 2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

NOTHING. MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON YESTERDAY EVENING. WENT T O AUTO PARTS T OSEE WHATS THE TROUBLE. DO U THINK I AM CAPABLE TO GET IT FIXED ONMY OWN? OR DO U WANT ME TOO SEE A MECHANIC

3/23/2018
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

May I have the engine size in your vehicle?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
3.5l v6

Great! Thank-you! Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Please hold... I'm, typing out my reply...

Thanks for holding!

There are a couple of things to check here. First, Check the underside of the fuel cap for any cracks or signs of defects that may keep the cap from sealing correctly. If there are any doubts about the inspection of the cap, replace it. Keep in mind, you will need a cap that meets OE Specs. Those "universal" or "locking" fuel caps sold at after market parts stores do not meet OE specs, and will not seal the system correctly. If you are certain the cap is good, next the EVAP (emissions control/recovery) System should be "smoked" to check for any leaks. This is where a machine forces smoke through the EVAP system and any leaks can then be more easily found and repaired. If the smoke test proves no leaks, then the problem will lie in the Purge Control Solenoid Valve (PCSV). These are actually fairly common fail items on these vehicles. It's mounted under the hood on the top, rear, driver's side of the engine. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If no problems are found, replacing the PCSV should solve the P0441.

The P0446 points to a problem with the Canister Closed Valve (CCV). The CCV is located under the vehicle, mounted to the EVAP Canister. Again, the system should be smoked to check for leaks. If no leaks, again, inspect the electrical connector and harness. Inspect the EVAP Canister for any cracks, holes or dents. If no problems are found, replacing the CCV should solve this code.

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thank you for your response.

You're welcome! Glad I could be of some help today! Please remember to leave a rating for our Q&A using the stars at the top of the page! Have a great weekend!

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -
Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -